FinalCutExpress versus FinalCutPro 3

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 08:22:18 PDT 2003

FCExpress is basically a slightly cut down version of Final Cut Pro 3.

If you already have 3, I'd say sell Express, but be aware that Apple's
upgrade path for Final Cut Pro now requires a G/4 processor for FCP4 and
quite a bit of hard drive space (16gb) for the total installation.
Express, OTOH, works with an iBook, and hopefully Apple will continue to
develop it. (Maybe even put back keyframing in the Viewer).

Check out Tom Wolsky's excellent Final Cut Pro 3 book, FCP Editing Workshop.
I have it and use it as a resource all the time. It comes with a CD tutorial
to walk you thru every lesson.

He also has the most popular Final Cut Express book (on Amazon.com) geared
towards iMovie to FCExpress people. It comes with a DVD tutorial and video.
5 Star rating with 10 reviews.

Finally, you should check out the Apple Final Cut discussion forums, both
Pro and Express, where you might find some insight.
Go to Apple.com/Support/Discussions

Regards,

 sb