And so it begins... FCP course?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 15:57:37 PDT 2003

Contact Micheal Vitti, the head of the NY Final Cut Pro user group.
They meet once a month at the SoHo Apple Store.

If you take a course, make sure it is hands-on, your own computer, at least
3 days in a row, and taught by an Apple Certified trainer, not a marketing
company.

I got all of Tom Wolsky's FCP Editing Workshop books and learned that way.
The books are layed out like taking a course. I also took a week long course
at the Digital Media Academy. They have 2,3, and 5 day classes around the
country now. They are consistently rated the highest quality digital media
courses available. (National School Board, Computer User Educators,
Technology + Learning, etc)

Also, you can get Philip Hodgett's FCP Intelligent Assistant ($99). Not
great for real newbies (you have to know what to ask it for) but very good
for intermediate/advanced and linear editors switching to FCP.

 sb