[MacDV] Audio sync problems

KCIVORY at aol.com KCIVORY at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 21:44:50 PDT 2003

Dear Out of Sync,
I just went thru the struggle to align audio clips and video sources for my
30 minute project. I had problems with Ghost audio popping up way out of
sequence, and missing audio too.

I started by locking each, and I mean EVERY, audio track to the video clip
above( using iMovie here) . I noticed that even when carefully adjusting some
audio clips, I would inadvertently cause another to move and wouldn't know it
until I played it back.
I also found that even when I dropped an audio clip onto the timeline, it
would sometimes move if I cropped or added anything prior to it in line.
After weeks of trying everything and reading all the tips on the Mac DV email
list, I finally got the local Apple Store to download the latest Quicktime
6.3 AND the latest version of my OS 10.2.6 Something they suggested, by the way.
I had tried to do this myself, and thru AOL, the files came thru corrupted
every time.
In the end I went in to the store with a blank CD and they downloaded it for
me.
Voila!!!!! It is actually burning on my superdrive as we speak.
I have spent a complete year learning this machine just to produce this
project. Now if I can just retain it in my sleep deprived brain. Hope this helps.

Kelly Casey Spavin
Experience Shows, Inc.
www.experienceshows.com