Good suggestion

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Sun Sep 28 07:17:08 PDT 2003

On 9/27/03 at 6:54 PM, filmmaker101 at shaw.ca transmitted the following
electronic message:

>Mark,
>
>That is a good suggestion. Thanks. I will probably get LaCie's DVD-R
>drive anyway and then I'll have a choice to use their software or Toast
>6. What does this new version of Toast allow you to do anyway as for as
>making DVD's...
>
>Can you do chapters? Menus? Buttons?

Chris,

Toast 6 will recognize chapters you create in iMovie 3 or you can
specify chapters every x minutes.

Like the Model T Ford's color choices, you can have any menu you want so
long as it is the one Toast creates: 3 buttons per menu, with three
lines of text per button...Toast adds more menus with navigation buttons
if you have over 4 movies. The menu methodology is very similar to what
you get with settop DVD Recorders like the Panasonic or Philips models.

If all you want to do is burn what's in your digital camcorder without
any editing, you can use the Plug-and-Burn.

Toast will encode on a G3, but it is much slower than on a G4, even at
the same or higher clock speed (700MHz G3 took longer than 400MHz G4 for
the one test I ran).

--Dennis Cohen
  Mac Digital Photography
  iLife Bible