Help Lost Media

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Sep 29 04:43:57 PDT 2003

This past weekend I spent three hours putting together a movie and now
both iMovie and Quicktime cannot open the reference movie. When I try to
open the project I get error messages for each clip and transition
saying that it cannot find or open the files, I don't remember which it
said. Everything was fine until I was messing around with things. First
I was showing my wife how easy Toast6 was to add multiple movies and
make buttons for a VCD. So I dragged the reference movie to the Toast6
window and showed her how to select the frame I wanted for the button.
Since I wasn't actually going to make a CD of this I deleted the movie
out of Toast and closed Toast. I was making short 15-20min. home movies.
Since I had many more clips to make the next movie from, new baby stuff,
I created a new project in iMovie 3.0.3 then closed iMovie. I then
opened the first media folder and selected all the unused clips that I
wanted in the next movie. I then duplicated them and pasted then in the
new media folder. The copy window that popped up said it would take 8
minutes to complete. Not wanting to wait 8 minutes I stopped the process
and deleted the three clips in the new media folder that did get copied.
I then just dragged the clips from the old media folder to the new one.
Then the old project would not open. I quickly moved everything back to
the old media folder but it still would not work. What is in that media
folder is the background music one or two transitions and the unused
clips. Shouldn't the clips used in the movie still be in the media
folder? Does anyone have an idea where I lost my media?

Thanks,
Eric