iMovie / iDVD pixelation & noise

pwintink at ab.bluecross.ca pwintink at ab.bluecross.ca
Mon Apr 5 09:31:11 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a DVD project to give new employees an overview of this
company. I'm combining photographs, narrated audio, and some music clips in
iMovie, then taking the segments into iDVD for the final presentation. It
will be shown both on a pc laptop through a new lcd projector and on a tv
screen hooked up to a DVD player.

Problem #1: The photographs appear really bitmapped in iMovie. I've tried
scanning at different resolutions (from 72 up to 300) and resizing at
different dimensions (640 x 480 pixels, 1280 x 960, and 1920 x 1440) but it
doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there a way to make them less
pixilated?

And, problem #2: There's some noise -- a buzzing -- when the DVDs are played
through the laptop and on the tv. I'm using 4.7 gb DVD-Rs. I've only made on
DVD and will experiment with the settings, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Paula
PLEASE NOTE:     This communication, including any attached documentation,
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information.   Any
unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action on the contents is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
contact us immediately so we may correct our records.   Please then delete
or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply.   Thank you.