iDVD audio sync probs

Darby Lee Darrow darrowspammagnet at cox.net
Mon Apr 5 21:26:59 PDT 2004

A friend of mine recently sent me this problem:

I run the latest version of imovie on an imac 1gz with 512 ram.  The media
is downloaded to a maxtor 120g external hard via firewire.  I made a movie
approximately 48 minutes long. It has two chapters with the last being a
photo montage.  I added a song in the beginning of the movie and one during
the photos.  The song in the beginning of the movie ran into the main part
of the movie so I lowered the volume so I could hear the media.

I selected create DVD and choose a theme with a motion.  I added 28
photographs to the motion and one song.  I burned the DVD.

Once the DVD was created the theme started fine.  The beginning of the movie
started fine.  When the song's volume was lowered so I hear the media, the
voice was out of sync with the video. The DVD would not let me fast forward
and would freeze.

When I selected the photo chapter from the theme, it would freeze on the
beginning of the movie. But the song that was suppose to play during the
photo montage would play.

Anybody have any ideas for him?
--
Darby Lee Darrow