iMovie / iDVD pixelation & noise

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Tue Apr 6 19:20:29 PDT 2004

Paula,
I've experienced the same poor quality still images on my recent
videos.  I used stills from my Olympus C720 (shot at highest quality),
and they appear very bitmapped on the resulting DVD I burned. Well,
they appear very bitmapped EXCEPT during the transition phases from one
clip (still, title or video) to another. during the transitions, they
look perfectly normal.  This problem appears whether I'm watching it on
a Mac, a 51-inch Toshiba projection TV, or a 36-inch Sony TV.  No one
here has been able to adequately suggest a course of action or a
possible cause for this issue.  I burned one DVD normally (i.e.
creating an iDVD project straight from iMovie 4), and a second DVD by
exporting the iMovie to a .dv file, then importing that file into iDVD
and burning. I had the same amount of pixelation in both DVDs. Wish I
could help more... I'm stuck commiserating with you.  I'm continuing to
search for answers and will share anything constructive I find.
Randy