[MacDV] Re: Update: FCP, Mac Email, Viruses, and Norten

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Sat Apr 10 10:04:48 PDT 2004

Ryan

Thanks for your response and I'm sure you're right, but all I know is
what I'm experiencing.

I completely erased Emac hard drive, repaired permissions and disk with
disk first aid, reinstalled all system software from the original CD's,
reinstalled (from scratch) a limited amount of software (photoshop and
FCP) and re-updated all software via Software Update.   So basically a
pristine system.

After reinstalling everything, everything was working including FCP.
Then I got my email.  The same person emailed me with the same
unintended attachment.  And all the email disappeared.  I did not yet
have Norten installed.  Though I have not tried to download, FCP seems
to work fine.

Lynn

I believe you that something is going wrong with your system, but
you're wr=
ong about the cause.=20=20