3-Chip Camcorders

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 10 13:38:04 PDT 2004

I'm going to sooner of later am going to have to move from my Canon Elura IIMC camcorder (single-chip camera) to a 3-chip model but am severely constrained in my budget. I noticed that Panasonic is making some really inexpensive 3-chip camcorders, the least expensive being the Panasonic PV-GS120 and the Panasonic PV-GS70. I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with either of these cameras and if it would be enough of an improvement over my Elura to consider. I know, of course that there are more expensive models (such as the Canon GL-2 or Canon XL-1 as well as others from other manufacturers) but it looks really unlikely that I'm going to have the money for such a camera any time soon.

-Dave