MISCREANTS TARGET MAC OS X

Bill Freeman flipflapco at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 12 09:58:15 PDT 2004

>Steven Rogers wrote:
>On Apr 11, 2004, at 9:07 PM, Fabian Ius wrote:
>
>>  "This is the first native Mac OS virus we've
>>  found," says Brian Davis, a sales manager for Intego, a Mac security
>>  firm
>>  that discovered the problem.
>
>I thought Intego was the group that figured out the problem and
>*created* the example. This article seems to be putting a little spin
>on the story.
>
>It has nothing to do with the Mac's popularity, its a function of the
>folks at Intego working their butts off until they finally figured out
>a proof-of-concept for a Mac virus.
>
>SR

Right on SR,

The "news release" from Intego implied there was an actual serious
Trojan infecting Macs.  Apparently this was not a security problem at
all, just a sleezy sales ploy by Intego.

Writing anti virus software for Macs must be a somewhat unrewarding
enterprise.  When there is a security problem with OSX,  I trust
Apple to fix it faster and better than some other software company.

Bill Freeman