Burn Ad Infinitum or For Nuttin'

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 06:32:45 PDT 2004

James wrote:

>there is some update , but the keys are to do everything right and  be
>patient.
>My iDVD discs play well.
>Use decent quality media and BE PATIENT.
And Erica wrote (to my surprise)

>Avoid the tsuris.
>
>Use video tape.
>
>-- Erica
>p.s. See www.dvdrhelp.com for a player compatibility list
>and lots of other dvd-recordable help

Well, James, I really think that, despite my frustration, I've been patient
as Job with an app that's supposed to do something, indicates throughout
the process that all is going well, and then fails to do it five times,
each time taking several hours. I know one person more patient. Alas, he
passed away in 1977. As to Media, I did go out and buy Apple media.
Inconsistent results, sorry to say, same as with the Memorex. One played OK
on a newer Sanyo, one didn't. That one played with some glitches
(blockiness in the title screen, odd behavior on selections) on an older
RCA, not at all on the Sanyo. And none of 'em, but none, would play on the
Phillips (Remember? The originator of the CD format?). But good media is
important. I tried some kHypermedia discs and NEVER got a good burn. They
seem to work OK for data storage, though.

Erica, goddess of DV, had this come from anyone but you I'd not have
bothered to respond. A little dismissive, dontcha think? I use DVD for the
same reasons lots of people do: longevity (we hope), menus, chapters, and
what is supposed to be the fun of burning our own DVDs. In this case, the
primary concern was longevity.These videotapes were 17 years old. BTW -
they DO play just fine, in any VHS player I choose. I suppose I could try
the Sadun System and just dub to a new VHS every 17 years ;-)  I will check
out the site you privided.

Thank you both for replying. Since you two are clearly having such superb
results, it may be a problem with my Superdrive, perhaps an intermittent.

Thanks to all for your comments and concern, esp. sb.

Bobbo

Bobbo

Art, pet and human portraits: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice Over website: http://www.bob-vo.com