Burn Ad Infinitum or For Nuttin'

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Sun Apr 18 15:14:35 PDT 2004

Don't know if you're talking about the supermediastore sampler pack or
not, but I ordered one about a month & a half ago.  So far I've only
tried the Optodisc Silver, and the Ritek RiData discs. I had previously
had a problem with kHypermedia discs and my in-laws' DVD players
getting about 2/3 of the way thru my iMovie/iDVD-produced video before
it got completely stuck.  I tried the same video on Verbatim
DataLifePlus blanks and they viewed without a hitch. Another video went
onto an Optodisc which also worked without a flaw.

Both videos burned on the Optodisc and Ritek disks worked okay on my 2
set top players (cheapo GE and mid-range Toshiba); and on a friends'
Panasonic set top.  I'd recommend the sampler pack as a great way to
try out a few different brands (that are usually pretty inexpensive at
supermediastore.com or shop4tech.com).