[MacDV] iBook G3/500 Hell Part II

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Thu Apr 29 12:21:12 PDT 2004

Hi Chris

The power cord has a ring of light around it at the end that plugs into
your iBook.  When it lights up amber the battery is charging when it
changes to a green light the battery is fully charged. It should work
with just a power adapter even if no battery is installed.   A battery
on laptop should give you 3 years of reasonable service before it needs
to be replaced.  The life of the battery depends on the number
charge/discharge cycles, storage temperature and they just deteriorate
over time.

Gerhard