-FCP--Using Variable Speed--Not easy

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Aug 6 10:01:26 PDT 2004

Just remember that you can't change the overall length of a clip. If you
want a clip to be 10 seconds long, make it 10 seconds long, then apply the
speed changes. Speeding up the beginning will slow down the end, etc.

Don't start with a 10 second clip and expect to get a 15 second clip when
you are done. :)

Most gurus (and I'm not one, I just read their posts) seem to feel Time
Remapping is either broken or poorly implemented. Perhaps Apple will change
it in future releases.

 sb