[MacDV] Voice over Mic Suggestions. iMic?

Polkadoter at aol.com Polkadoter at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 14:11:06 PST 2004

Well if its for voice work I would recommend that Guitar Center has a nice
setup - M-Audio has A package on sale for   $199 (100 off) with the interface
w/preamps (and handles all the variety of inputs - xlr, stereo, 1/8" and 1/4"
inputs) goes in usb to the computer, and a Nova mic, and some lite verions of
session software.   I'd add a pop-filter too.

In addition, you can use/get Digidesign Protools Software (mac & pc versions)
for free at their website.   www.protools.com   Its the full, high-end studio
version - one software version back that is fully functional.

For just a mic, if you have the imic adapter already, I would recommend the
Studio Project 1B - goes for around   $100 and couple that with a pop filter (a
must for all mics) and it will hands down rival a
high-end Neuman U87.

Hope this helps,
Linda