[MacDV] DVD w/o a menu possible?

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Thu Dec 9 03:17:33 PST 2004

On 9 Dec 2004, at 07:24, Carter Tomassi wrote:

> I know it is time to RTFM but until I do is it possible in DVDSP3 to
> burn a 30 minute movie (no audio) without using menus?

Yes of course just don't use any menus and select a track as first play

> I need this thing to loop repeatedly for 8 hours and I don't want any
> buttons popping up. \

Make sure that the 'end jump' for the movie that you want to loop is
the beginning of the same movie

> Normally, I do short animations that loop with no problems. I play
> these as a menu BG w/o buttons and they work great.

You can do it this way but looping a track, as above, is a "safer" way
of doing it

> However, DVDSP balked when it was programmed with the 6+Gig movie as a
> menu BG.

If this 6+Gb is uncompressed then it should be in a track not a menu
If it is 6+Gb compressed then that is one BIG short animation! and it
should defiantly be in a track and not a menu.