[MacDV] Pricing for video slide shows?

Frank Garcia fgarcia at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 13 13:28:51 PST 2004

I'm about to embark on a gig for a company, creating "stills slide
shows" but I confess, I am stumped as to what should I charge?
Essentially stills only combined with audio narration in apps like
iMovie or FCX for web posting. About 5-10 minutes, depending on
content.

They don't have a lot of money but I don't want to undercharge for
myself. Does anyone have a "ballpark figure" that I can gauge for
myself? This is for a U.S. company so that's U.S. funds...

Please privately e-mail replies to this address...

While on the subject, iMovie has an annoying "pixelation" bug on
stills and the work around is activating the Ken Burns Effect to
render it in full quality and not pixelated. I recently did 5
slideshows and 4 rendered okay but 1 has to be redone because of this
poor quality rendering.

There are other apps out there that do the motions/zooms just like
iMovie such as Still Life and Photo to Movie but they are separate
purchases.