[MacDV] burning iDVD question

Vtstream vtstream at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 11:27:33 PST 2004

So, I just need to make sure the file that I save has .dv extension on the end?
I was assuming that was already there. I saw no mention of having to add this in the
help document.   Thanks , I'll give it a try.

James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net> wrote:

On Monday, December 20, 2004, at 10:47 AM, Vtstream wrote:

> The end DVD is intended to be used on a regular home DVD player AND
> broadcast
>  on cable tv. Can some one explain how this is done? Thanks

Export your video as .dv .
You can do this through either way you mentioned.
.dv at full resolution.
Then just drag and drop it into the iDVD menu window, (not an import)
but only where the buttons go, NOT where the preview moving picture
goes (if one is in your chosen template).
If you need chapters do that in FCE. place the cursor at a chapter spot
(do the first one at the very beginning) and hit "m" twice. Make it a
chapter marker and give it a name.