[MacDV] burning iDVD question

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 20 12:17:15 PST 2004

On Monday, December 20, 2004, at 10:47  AM, Vtstream wrote:

> Which option do I choose to export as...Quicktime, or Quicktime
> conversion?

I would recommend that you not use QuickTime here at all. The standard
way to prepare a FCE project for iDVD is to export as a Final Cut
movie. In the resulting dialog box, do NOT check "make movie self
contained." What you end up with is what some editing applications call
an "edit decision list." Just a text file listing all your edit points,
transitions, etc. Then open iDVD and import this Final Cut movie. Then,
if you preview within iDVD, your original clips will play exactly as
they do within FCE.

Steve R.