[MacDV] iDVD archives - backing things up?

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Thu Dec 23 16:35:59 PST 2004

 I have successfully created some DVD's using iDVD. I would like to be able
to create more copies at a future date ... So I thought it would be best to
attempt to archive the iDVD projects and store them on DVD (not  taking up
needed space on my hard drive). I successfully created an archive of the 1st
one -  but it ended up being 12 gigabytes...  Obviously storing all the
relevant pieces inside the archive file...

 this large file is way too large for me to bother backing up... I was under
the impression that after loading a large DV.mov in iDVD then it goes
through a long process compressing it somehow down to DVD size - under 4.7
gig... This is the file size that I would like to backup...

Q:  what is the best way to back up iDVD projects without bothering to store
the very large multi gigabyte files...? Is this possible?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]