[MacDV] Re: OT - versiontracker vs. macupdate

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Wed Feb 4 09:41:10 PST 2004

> On 2/4/04 8:41 AM, Video International at videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> How does versiontracker.com not care about the user?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rick
>
> It's not that they don't care about the user, it's that they care about
> pageviews, banner ads, and pop-ups *more* than the user experience.  One
> used to be able to download updates straight from the front page -- now they
> redirect you to another page as the download starts...  Not to mention that
> their site is an abomination of web design...

Mark,

I've found versiontracker increasingly difficult to use, so don't feel
alone. The front page is a mess and I can never seem to find anything.
I'll be looking at your macupdate suggestion.

Thanks for the possible alternative.

Donna
C'mere ya big blond beauty - Starsky to Hutch
Well, we have each other... - Illya Kuryakin to Napoleon Solo
So you and me are a mobile ghetto eh? - Bodie to Doyle

"Sure, he looks good naked and handcuffed with his pants down around his
ankles, but who doesn't?"

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi