[MacDV] Re: What am I doing wrong?

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 12:40:04 PST 2004

Maybe the Sony doesn't have pass through from firewire to AV outs (or it may be
switchable in a menu).

On my Sony 320 there is an AV > DV out setting that works like this

On = input from AV, out through firewire
Off = input through firewire, out to AV

Worst case is that you could print to the camcorder in one pass and then play from it to
the VCR in a separate step. No issue with quality since the D8 tape transcribes the
digital data from Final Cut without reencoding.

R.B.