iMovie4 Scrolling Block

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Thu Feb 5 04:18:21 PST 2004

I just got my copy or iLife4 and took a look at iMovie. One thing that
really annoyed me in iMovie3 was how the scrolling block title rendered.
I was hoping iMovie4 would fix the problem but it hasn't. So can someone
else try this and tell me how it worked for you. Select the scrolling
block and enter about 6 or 7 lines of text. Put the slider all the way
to the right 24:04. Now preview it in the little window in the top
right. Notice how long the text scrolls and how wide the column of text
is. Now put that on a clip and let it render. Now play that clip. On my
machine the column of text is narrower, less words per line, and the
text has completely scrolled through by half way through the clip about
12 seconds.

The audio wave forms will be a great help in leveling out my audio.
Doing home movies the audio level of the person holding the camera and
the subject are very different. Prior to iMovie4 I had to play the movie
and wait for people to talk then find the place I needed to adjust with
the jerky play head. Now I can see right where people are talking and
which one is louder.

Now I need to find a DVD drive to borrow so I can install GarageBand
and play with that.

Eric