[MacDV] Re: equipment for dvd

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 09:30:04 PST 2004

No, there is no such issue with CD-R drives. This is strictly Apple's
decision to make their iDVD software look for an internal drive and
refuse to burn a DVD if it doesn't find an internal drive.  Prior to
iLife '04, it wouldn't even let you author a DVD. Now you can author on
one machine and move the project to another machine that has an
internal DVD burner to complete the final step. If you were unable to
burn a CD using an external drive, it's another issue.

Shirley