[MacDV] AIFF Quicktime Pro conversion question

RRSounds at aol.com RRSounds at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 06:03:23 PST 2004

Rod,
Since your project is probably mono, perhaps you can cut it
into two roughly equal parts and create a stereo file that has
the first part in one channel and the second part in the other
channel. This would allow a maximum of 160 minutes mono
time on one 80-minute CD, though you would have to listen
out of one speaker for the first half and from the other for the
second half, and your playback deck would have to have a
balance control.

This conversion would be easy in ProTools, the program I use
most of the time; I don't know how difficult it would be with
other programs, but it's a pretty elementary idea.

David P. Reaves, III
TransLanTech Sound, LLC
Creators of the Award-Winning "Ariane Stereo Audio Leveler"

PS: isn't it a shame that the Red Book standard only allows
for stereo recordings? Wouldn't it have made some sense
to allow mono recordings of twice the length on one CD....
There's LOT of material that was never released in stereo.
Just wondering to myself.

PPS: don't forget to convert the 48kHz file to 44.1kHz sampling rate.
CDs don't like anything else.