Fuji Video Tapes

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sun Feb 15 17:19:38 PST 2004

Hi Malcolm,

I was sometimes using Fuji Hi-8 tapes before going to a Canon DV video
camera.    I had terrible trouble with one of these when I was in a
remote area of NW Australia when it fouled the recording heads and
later, every time I  tried to recover the footage for editing, it would
foul the reader heads.    I took it to to the Hanimax/Fuji  branch here
in Adelaide and after a lot of followup calls I finally got an
acknowledgement from them that the tape was faulty and they then
replaced it with another and a couple of free VHS tapes.     I also had
trouble later in that trip with another Fuji tape that wanted to"
spaghetti" out of its cassette while filming.!

I will not touch their tapes again.

FWIW, I try to buy tapes of well known brands that have been made in
Japan, USA, France , or Germany.    I also carry this practice over
into purchasing CD/DVD's    I don't worry if assembly of the cassettes
is carried out elsewhere.

Ian. T.