[MacDV] GradientWipeTransitions

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Feb 17 14:19:40 PST 2004

On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 04:44  PM, Jimbo wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2004, at 5:46 AM, Macintosh Digital Video List wrote:
>
>> On Monday, February 16, 2004, at 11:43  AM, Jill Arenson wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for these Gradient Wipe Transitions.  Can you help with how
>>> to install them in FCP 4?  The instructions in the help on FCXBuilder
>>> give a path to install effects such as transitions are:
>>>

>> Put them anywhere. Import that folder into your browser in FCP.
>> Use the CGM softwipe w/ pattern selected and just drop 'em in.
>> And thanks here too.
>> JIm
>
> Hi, Jim!
>
> I tried importing the folder into iMovie4, and each file was grayed
> out. Will they not work in iMovie?
>
> Jimbo
> S Cal

They would only be still pics in iMovie unless you paired them with a
transition of effect that requires a gradient channel. They are not
transitions themselves,
  For iMovie this is apparently covered in Erica's book on iMovie.
  In FCP they are also not transitions but can be used as a transition
element where called for by little squares or as alpha channel thingys
if you know how to do that for a composite.
Except for one which is a nested sequence that makes a special effect
which seems cool and very instructive. for me anyway. and thanks again
Darrin!
Jim