LaCie D2 FW Hard Drive

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Fri Feb 20 08:20:08 PST 2004

You hit that one right on the nose.  I had actually checked LaCie's website and saw their prices before I posted.  I realized that most of the savings would be eaten up by shipping, exchange, duties and taxes.  I'm going to try to stick with a Canadian source.
Dave.

<snip>
Shirley I assumed since he was looking to buy from a Canadian site he was in Canada and LaCie will not sell to us directly. You will also have to consider the original prices quoted were in Canadian dollars, $299 U.S. translates into at least $400 of our money. The other problem for us buying south of the border is higher shipping costs, possible duty and warranty issues will require the return of the product to the U.S. at the purchasers expense.

The drive you suggest looks like a winner unfortunately not available in Canada at your prices.

Gerhard Kuhn
</snip>