[MacDV] [MacDV]New to list: Questions about DV components

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 03:10:38 PST 2004

I began editing in OS 9 using iMovie. There were many issues that I struggled through,
but I was able to complete several projects. I later tried Final Cut Express and was
amazed at how much easier the work became. It simply works better in all respects
without the slow response that iMovie gives as it manipulates video files on disk.

I don't have any first hand info on getting DV into a twentieth anniversary Mac, but I
suspect that will be tricky since your main processor is on a daughtercard. I wasn't
happy with Dazzle on a B&W system.

There's another hurdle to jump for burning the DVD's too. Have you found some program to
do that on your system? Not much point in digitizing and editing if you can't print the
disc.

R.B.