[MacDV] Re: [MacDV]New to list: Questions about DV components

Paul Miller pauljosephmiller at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 18:46:41 PST 2004

Wow...I'm increasingly happy(email by email) that I
joined this list!  I had considered the possible
purchase of El Gato Eye TV usb (even though it
wouldn't run on OS9) so I would have the option of
broadcast recording--then I found out it's analog
cable, not digital (more digital channels in my area).
 I had NOT considered using a DV camera as a
passthru/comverter..SMART IDEA!! It helps very much to
justify the cost and migrate away from analog/vhs
altogether!  So I have to ask now (and again, I'm
sorry to bug everyone) in terms of importing dv video:
if I use iMovie with the camera I can pull the .dv
file via import function, but when using it as a dv
converter does it function in realtime via iMovie or
quicktime (for conversion?) or does it use a specific
os9 vs osX program?...or am I missing the boat here?

TIA,
Paul

ps...is there an archived list so I stop bugging the
pros.  Thank you to everyone for the help so far.
Really.