PAL with FCP3

thomas fritscher tomfrit at gmx.at
Sat Feb 28 05:25:26 PST 2004

You have to switch your capture and sequence settings to DV-PAL presets,
then you can capture with the PAL camera without problems. If you just
throw the captured PAL footage in a NTSC sequence it'll render forever
and won't look good. A ghetto way of converting stuff is to use your PAL
sequence, slow-mo your clip to 20%, render a final cut movie (not
self-contained) from it. Place the rendered slomo movie into a NTSC
sequence, resize and speed it up to 500%. Render that again. It'll
render forever and won't be broadcast quality but at least it's
watchable

Am 28.02.2004 schrieb Macintosh Digital Video List unter
MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com: