iMovie clip handling

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 03:27:32 PST 2004

Working in iMovie 3, clips string along at the bottom as you build your project. Is there a
way to keep that sequence sliding to the left? Each time I trash a clip or undo something
the sequence resets to the beginning so you must constantly scrub back to find the section
you are involved in.

It would be nice if there were a preference that says "always slide left" or "return to the
same point after each action"

A similar annoyance is that the main window takes time to load the whole timeline of clips
constantly as if I want to play from the beginning. I'm still not sure what triggers that
action, but as the movie becomes longer the delay is more obvious.

Thanks ahead for your thoughts