[MacDV] Take it offline please (was [MacDV] Re: more about the inutility of defragmenting an OS X FS).

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Thu Jan 1 07:14:09 PST 2004

On Dec 31, 2003, at 10:16 PM, E. Bond Francisco wrote:

> Peter, James,
> Very enlightening discussion you two are having, but I think it's
> about time you took it offline (or out in the alley!)

Sure, no problem.

I'll try the benchmark procedure that James suggested, and report back
what I find.  Actually, looking at XBench, it has such a shallow IO
component, it would probably be more accurate if I wrote a more
substantial trial.  I would like to definitively resolve this defrag
question.  Or at least put some data out in the open.  Happy New Year
2004 to all.

     Peter