Audio editing programs for OS X

Puget Sound Cinema Society pscinema at scn.org
Thu Jan 1 14:56:19 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm finally getting serious about audio editing in Final Cut Pro (still
using 3.0.4 on my G4/450), but I am hitting its limitations very
quickly. Things that I could do in Premiere under OS 9 (using Ionizer
and Deck II) I cannot do as readily under X.

What are the available and affordable and recommended editing programs
that run under OS X? Arboretum hasn't released Ionizer for X yet. I've
heard good things about Peak DV and Digital Performer, but I want some
"professional" advice before I drop any money on something other than a
new processor... Ideas?

Omar