[MacDV] Creating Slide Shows

Don Richter rich3687 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 3 13:09:58 PST 2004

On 1/2/04 8:40 PM, "Joyce Ranieri" <jranieri at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm taking some home video of last summer's vacation and making it into
> a dvd. I want to add my digital pictures as a slide show. As I see it,
> there are several options:
>     1) creating the slide show in iPhoto and exporting it as a
> Quicktime Movie, and then putting it in iDvd
>     2) creating the slide show in iMovie and then putting it in iDvd
>     3) creating the slide show in iDvd

Hi Joyce,

I prefer using iMovie to create slide shows and using iDVD to burn the DVD.
One gets the most control with iMovie:

A) Control how long each individual picture appears in the slide show,
B) Insert transitions between slides,
C) Control the musical track from iTunes (length, timing, etc.),
D) Add separate narration track, if desired.

It takes a while longer to set all this up, but the results are worth it. I
burned several DVDs because friends asked to borrow it to show to other
people. When did that ever happen with a vacation slide show? (Okay the fact
that the locale was Paris in Spring probably has a lot to do with it too,
but I recommend iMovie.)

Regards,
Don Richter