[MacDV] Re: Maxtor 160GB (Blue and White G3)

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 13:02:14 PST 2004

on 1/6/04 12:35 PM, Mark M. Florida at markf at squareblue.com wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2004, at 1:52 PM, <illovox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Get an ATA
>> controller pci card and your problems are solved, and I hear
>> formatting with
>> Hard Disk Speed Tools also solves the issue.
>
> It's *not* a software problem, so HD Speed Tools won't help...  Unless
> used in conjunction with an ATA/133 controller card...
>
> - Mark F.

Wrong.  I researched at Intech's site.  HDST PC Drive utility allows you to
format the drive into separate volumes in OSX that fool the original
controller into seeing the entire capacity if you format the drive into
smaller partitions.  IE, say on a 160g drive, you use HDST to make a 120g
partition and a 40g partition.  N'ya, n'ya.  Remember Mark, what happens
when you assume?  As Tony Randal once said, you make an ass out of U and
me...heheh.

Thank You,

~Run
--
"Love means never having to say 'How was it?'"
                                          ~Tony Randall

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it."
                                          ~Mahatma Ghandi