Garage Band Book

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 06:54:04 PST 2004

I'd like to see a book that deals with iLife in general, including Garage
Band and the integration among aps. I believe Jim Heid has an iLife book
out now, and will perhaps be updating it? We'll have to see about a
specific book just for GB, depending upon its complexity. At first glance,
it sounds like it could be a good idea. Even "simple" sequencers have a lot
of power and subtlety. I'm thinking of MOTU's very underestimated
FREESTYLE, a non-technical, highly musical app that never got the attention
it deserved. It was a precursor of the i-apps, in that it sought to
demystify the creative process, relating to it more in musical terms than
in computer terms. It's still available, runs on Windows and OS9 (not sure
about Classic), and for all its simplicity, has a rather thick manual,
although not as thick as the set of 3 you get with Digital Performer.

Bobbo

Art, pet and human portraits: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com

Voice Over website: http://www.bob-vo.com

And don't forget: do good works for free at http://www.thehungersite.com