[MacDV] Blue and White G3 rant:(

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 10:45:03 PST 2004

on 1/7/04 8:20 AM, chrisandheather at shaw.ca at chrisandheather at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for all the input and experience on this issue and well I'd have to say
> I mostly agree. My questions is how do I do basic video editing and DVD
> burning/authouring? Can it even been done? Final Cut Express no longer works
> on a Blue and White G3. I had the original version that I aquired for free via
> Apple's trade up program but I accidentially threw it out. What now? iMovie 3?
> I think not. I have little options to none. What does an Indie Filmmaker to
> do?
>
> Chris

You're being silly.  A B&W G3 can utilize Final Cut 1, 2 & 3, Premier 5, 6 &
6.5, Avid suites, Video Shop 3 - now, Movie-Maker, etc. etc.  You go on Ebay
and spend a hundred bucks and get to work.  You work in 9 and you get a Fuse
card with FCP2 and you have a pro set up.  You get a Cinewave card and you
have an uncompressed pro set up.  For heaven's sake, all these machines were
used for pro application at one time or another.  Do you think these
capabilities went out the window?  CONTEXT.