[MacDV] XVCD possible (desirable?) on Mac?

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Wed Jan 7 11:17:18 PST 2004

Malcolm Hamilton <malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca> writes:
>I put together eight or nine-minute long docs, and would like to burn
>them to disk.  DVDs are still a little pricey - -
In Canada, I've found blank DVD-Rs (TDK, Verbatim, Maxell) for sale at
about $3 each.  I'm sure you can find them eat a lower price if you
seriously look around.

>(By the way, I'm using a Dual 1.25 G4, with SuperDrive; editing with
>Avid XpressDV)
With your hardware setup, you might want to consider burning using iDVD3.
Much easier than what you are trying to do via XVCD/VCD/SVCD.

I've created several DVDs with only 10 - 15 minute movies on them.  Sure
there is extra space left over on the disc, but the final product is
encoded at 8 Mbps.

just my opinion,
Fabian