Final Cut Express 2.0

sb videovideo at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 16:28:25 PST 2004

Anyone who knows when FCP 5 is coming out won't be talking :)

A good guess, based on past announcements, would be announce on April 17th
(NAB convention) and ship sometime later.

FCExpress 2 captures over TC breaks, just like FCP4.
Normal behaviour is to loose a/v sync over a break, not drop frames.

You can check by cueing up a clip (longish) and doing a Capture Now,
stopping before the break. If it drops frames, then you need to troubleshoot
your setup.

You might want to address why you have TC breaks on the tape. If you are the
shooter, you could stripe them before using them (or re-using), then you
wouldn't have the breaks to begin with.

 sb