Final Cut Express 2.0

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 09:52:00 PST 2004

In my experience, minidv tapes have a life of about 4-5 passes, then you
start to have problems. It sounds like you're getting old tapes, lots of
passes, or left in the glove box of a hot car.

Do what you can to get your clients to buy new tapes! Put it in the charges,
you can buy minidv tapes from TapeResources for about $3/each. Prestripe
them with a slate and your contact info (in FCP)

It's worth the price to avoid the capture problems and extra wear and tear
on your equipment.

(I guess they come to you after they've shot stuff, not before?)
 sb