Hooking up RCA video to G5

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 09:56:57 PST 2004

Not possible. You've got to convert from analog to digital.

Cheapest method is to find a friend with a camcorder and borrow it for a
weekend and dub all the tapes to miniDV, then use the same camcorder to
capture them.

That way, if you have any problems or make big changes, you can easily
recapture from the miniDV tapes using the timecode.

You can buy a low end, but perfectly usable minidv camcorder for about $400,
or get a converter box for almost the same.

Canopus is very good. Another one not mentioned is the ADS Pyro 1394.

 sb