[MacDV] new to list, (Firewire(

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Sat Jan 10 05:33:10 PST 2004

On Saturday, Jan 10, 2004, at 06:45 Europe/London, Claire Hart wrote:

> Hello.  This is my first day to be on this list.  I've had 9.2.2 on my
> iMac DV 400.  I've had no trouble downloading photos and the little
> movies from a Jam Cam and a Sony Handy Cam with Memory Stick, all via
> USB.  I've never taken the time to figure out how to connect the Handy
> Cam with FireWire, but I knew that soon I would get Panther, and then
> it would probably be simpler, so I've just waited.

If your Sony has a Firewire port (usually referred to as iLink by Sony
and located under a connection covering flap on the camera) all you
should need to do is connect it directly to the computer and switch on
to the VCR mode.

I was under the impression that all Sony DV cameras had at least a
Firewire/iLink DV out and that (nearly) all are recognised under OS
10.2.8 and Panther.

That should be the easy bit!

Colin McDonald