[MacDV] flicker rate & stabilizer

Brett Koonce koonce at universe42.com
Sat Jan 10 11:01:40 PST 2004

It's an old film trick, synching gates.  Nowadays, there's an easier
trick: just find a LCD monitor to film.

Software stabilizers can sorta work to save a shot, but that's about
it.  They're more a tool used for 2d work, where you reverse the
stabilization to add something back into a comp.  The trick to
stabilizing shots is to start out with that goal before you shoot 'em.
;-)  Don't know about FCE/iMovie...in FCP, vid filters -> video ->
image stabalizer.

On Jan 10, 2004, at 12:47 PM, lloyds wrote:

> I've been told that theree is a way to adjust the "flicker rate" on a
> computer monitor to match the shutter speed on a camcorder, so that one
> can record a moving image from the monitor.  Anybody know anything
> about
> this?
>
> Also, I repeat a question I asked earlier, with no response:  has
> anybody successfully used a software stabilizer to smooth out camera
> motion in a clip, either in iMovie3 or FCE?  Any programs recommended?

-Brett
www.universe42.com