[MacDV] Re: flicker rate & stabilizer

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Sat Jan 10 19:53:09 PST 2004

On 1/10/04 5:33 PM, "Colin McDonald" <cmmcdonald at mac.com> wrote:

> Just because the frame rate equalled the flicker rate (unlikely anyway)
> would not necessarily give a clean image - you might just as easily get
> a fixed black line or other lines.  There's more to it that that.
>
> There must be someone on the list with studio experience of this kind
> of issue.

Is this a "studio" shot or...  ?

I have shot computer monitors fine using a camera shutter speed of 1/30 and
a computer screen refresh rate of 60 Hz.  On consumer cameras, there's not
much control of shutter speed, but on pro cameras, there is a fine
adjustment for sync -- I've only seen it on super high-end news and studio
cameras though...

- Mark