[MacDV] Re: iLife4

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun Jan 11 08:36:50 PST 2004

Erica Sadun writes:
>waiting to update iMovie 4 Solutions

That was one of my questions to ask with respect to iLife'04 and an
iMovie4 Solutions Update

Considering that there are not very many new "items" in iMovie4 (from what
I could read on the Apple website), will your update be a self-contained
resource (a newly published edition and/or appendix), or a .pdf download
that you will share with users for a fee ?

Just thinking of a low cost solution.

And with respect to iLife'04, I guess it would be prudent to "change" the
name of the current iLife apps, install iLife'04 so as not to "overwrite"
the original iLife apps, so that if there are unpleasant issues with the
new release, you will still be able to use the older versions until the
necessary upgrades are made to the newer apps (just like some of us kept
iMovie2 when iMovie3 was released).

Yes, no, maybe ?

I still use iMovie2 to import/edit movies, and then open the file project
in iMovie3 to edit the volume and add chapters and burn to iDVD3.

Works for me.

P.S. Looking forward to "looping movies", 2 hour DVDs and 99 chapter
markers in iDVD4.

P.P.S.  Does anyone know if they have altered the encoding rate of the
sound or have lowered the encoding bit rate for video to allow for a 2
hour DVD in iDVD4?  I guess if you really know the answer, you work for
Apple or have beta-tested this app and cannot divulge this info until the
official release.  Just curious.