[MacDV] Windows Media 9 Encoding on a MAC

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Sun Jan 11 13:43:35 PST 2004

On Jan 11, 2004, at 3:19 PM, animal wrote:

> Does anyone know how to take digitized footage on a mac - ie a 24fps
> animation (tiff frames) and encode it for a Windows Media 9 digital
> projection?  Apparently software by Discreet does this - but would
> Cleaner  6 for a Mac encode it or do I have to go to Windows?

Does it absolutely *have* to be Windows Media 9?  Can you do something
more generic/universal like MPEG?  If so, that's what I would
recommend.  Also, Cleaner 6 will only do up to Windows Media 7.  If
just absolutely positively can *not* be anything other than Windows
Media 9, then I think you'll have to do it on a Windoze box.

(What do you mean by "digital projection"?  Do you mean someone will
play it from a PC through a projector using the Windows Media 9
player?)

> ps: are the .tiff files still ok or do they have to be converted to
> something?

You might want to use QuickTime Player (Pro) to convert the series of
TIFFs into a single file that would be easier to manage -- and maybe
smaller (use Animation or PhotoJPEG codec at highest quality).

- Mark