Imovie:Can't import dv footage directly onto external hd

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 14:50:22 PST 2004

Imovie sets the capture scratch disk when you first start a new project.

There are a bunch of different ways to go about making more room or
switching to the external.

One way is to save the project and then copy the whole folder onto your
external drive. Then you can delete it from the internal. When you open
iMovie up, it will ask you to create a new project or open an existing one.
Navigate to the project file on the external and select it.

I know there are other ways folks have used, and I'm sure they will post
them here in a short while.

 sb