[MacDV] iDVD

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 10:28:44 PST 2004

On Jan 14, 2004, at 13:15, Doug Mitchell wrote:
> I have very little experience with iDVD.  Today I finished burning my
> first DVD of an iMovie project.  I am quite disappointed with the
> results.  While the sharpness of the images contained in the DVD are
> excellent the reproduction of colour from the original iMovie is very
> poor.  It seems quite washed out and borders on being a black and
> white image.  In particular the red end of the spectrum seems to be
> missing.  The original movie has excellent colour and the preview of
> the DVD project would lead me to believe that the DVD would be the
> same.  Is this behaviour typical when converting from iMovie projects
> to DVD?
>
> Doug Mitchell

Doug,

I'm only a little bit behind you, having not even used iDVD yet (short
of the tutorial).  Is it possible that your computer monitor and your
video monitor (on which you viewed the DVD) have different color
settings that would give the appearance of which you speak?

BTW I'm still looking for source material for my first DVD.  I guess I
_could_ start with my wedding video. ;)

Eagle